07 March 2015

deep{er} #28: reflections

Hello, friends:)


Happy Saturday:) This last week was busy for us...but it was GOOD! I definitely saw God working and showing His grace/love/mercy/forgiveness all week! I hope that God was revealing Himself to you as well! 

UPDATE Like I said, this week was busy. Here's a recap of this week's happenings: 
  • Discipleship- Tuesdays are my days with J. I was a bit nervous about this week's meeting because it was titled "A Sinful Woman's Encounter With Grace" Only in week 2 and we are already talking about sins! Talk about awkward. I don't mind admitting my mistakes (especially because it could help someone else from making the same mistakes)... but I thought I would have a couple of weeks to warm up to J before bearing all my deep insides on week 2! LOL! Anyway, it was a  great lesson about the woman caught in adultery [John 8:1-11]. Quick Reflection---this lesson really made me think about the grace I have been given in the past. I definitely didn't deserve this amount of grace, but thanks to Jesus... I received grace, forgiveness, and so much more! AND... this lesson was an eye opener to the labels that I put on myself or what I think others are putting on me. This woman was labeled a sinner (because she was caught)... but do I want to walk around with people calling me a sinner? Some of my labels (some I gave myself and some from others in my life)--- ugly, musically talented, fat, worthless, etc. Some of these labels are not true and shouldn't define me... but I let them. So I learned a really good lesson about grace and allowing Jesus to remove these labels and replace them with the labels like Daughter of a King, loved, special, etc. GREAT lesson! 
  • Answered prayers- I mentioned earlier that God has been revealing Himself all week... and He has definitely answered some prayers! We've been praying for a couple of weeks for a friend to get a job... she got it! PRAISE THE LORD! A friend needed help...and we were able to help (just like the early church in Acts 4: 32-37)! PRAISE THE LORD! I needed help to get through some projects...they are completed! PRAISE THE LORD! J had an orchestra assessment on Thursday, and we prayed that the group would do well... they got a superior rating! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I prayed that a friend would be home so I could talk with her... she was there and thankful that I stopped by! PRAISE THE LORD!! And our friend had her baby on Wednesday--- she was asking God to give her contractions before she went in for a C-section, and He gave her contractions at midnight (she was supposed to go in around 6am!)! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! Here are some pics of the new little one- LOVE
One photo... and it's perfect with Uncle Trav! 
Uh... blurry!
Uh...crazy smile and face :( 
Attempt #15--- This one will have to do! 
WELCOME Baby Rachel! Congrats Ramon, Laura, and family ❤️
REFLECTION: Last week I mentioned that I just didn't feel good about something. It was as if the Spirit was convicting me of how much I follow the world. Well... this week it continued and I figured it out! 

It's true- I get caught up in this world and listen to the lies I'm told. But there's more. 

I think that last week's feeling was based on the following thoughts: "Why even continue to live in this world when it's so hard to live like Christ? How does one NOT get caught up in this world? What's the point of having kids, cleaning the house, shopping, throwing birthday parties, and enjoying life, especially if I'm supposed to sacrifice (for God) and not follow the world? And all things in this world pass away anyway... what's the point of doing anything in this world? 

Some of these questions seem silly (and I'm sure some don't make sense at all--- that's Savannahland for you! LOL!)... but during my 3030 Challenge study this week, I had a bit of peace about all of this:) I finished 1 John and while reading a commentary about this book I read the following: "John writes this book to share that God is light [1 John 1:1- 2:27], God is love [2:28-4:21], and God is life [5:1-21]."

"In our dark world, God is light.
In our cold world, God brings the warmth of love.
In our dying world, God brings life.
When we lack confidence, these truths bring us certainty."

(*thud*) This is exactly what I needed to hear! I was giving up on this world and my purpose!  I didn't understand how we could make any difference in this world. BUT God, who is in me, is greater than the one who is in this world [1 John 4:4]! I have victory! Why am I worried? Why was I letting the world get me down?! I have certainty because God is light, love, and life! And the best part is that because Jesus is in me... I can bring light, love, life to this world! Don't give up, Sav!!!!!!!!! Don't let the world win!!!!!!! God is greater and is inside of YOU:)

God showed up this week... especially in my Bible study and what I was supposed to read! PRAISE THE LORD:) 

My goals for this week:
  1. Continue my 3030 Challenge and move on to 2 John :) I still think it's funny that I am reading these books before John just like I did before- LOL! 
  2. Continue with Today in the Word Acts Bible study.  This goal might be put off for awhile because I'm reading so much and doing so many studies. 
  3. FINALLY (REALLY!!!!!!!!! I need to do this goal) start chapter 5 of the Dr. David Jeremiah Agents of Apocalypse *This is the chapter where Trav and I can be seen on the TV program Turning Point--- The Dragon! Check out my original post HERE.
      I pray that God has been speaking to you--- and that you are blessed beyond what you have asked or wanted ❤️. I also am praying that God would open our eyes and heart to His Will, love, and Word. May you go deep{er} with God this week! 

      Remember, if you need prayer, please contact me {savannahland2 at comcast dot net}. 

      THANKS so much for stopping by today! Be blessed:}
      Photobucket

      5 comments:

      Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

      Loving the photos of the new baby! SO precious!! YAY for answered prayers!!!

      Shelly said...

      Well, I enjoyed this read! (as I always do :)) Great hear of all the good things that have happened and may they continue! Happy Saturday!

      Miriam Prantner said...

      Sounds like great things are happening, and lots of important work going on. So wonderful for so many answers to prayer and great photos!

      Larissa Heskett said...

      LOVING LOVING LOVING this Lesson this week!! HUMMM!! =) ALOT to think about isn't it!!?? So MANY ANSWERED and BLESSED Prayers!! It is so GOOD to see that when you need him he is there even when we DON'T SEE him or understand how he is there!! I LOVE the Baby Pictures!! SO SWEET and SO MUCH HAIR!! =) THANKS for NOT GIVING UP on this WORLD Sav!! The WORLD NEEDS you!! =) In MORE ways thatn you even realize!! I know I only mostly know you through your Blog and our emails, FB ect., but I feel like you are probably a Solid Rock for several people in your life even if you don't realize it yourself!!?? So if you eve give up on this World, you'll be giving up on ALL of those people too!! I'm one of them!! =) So keep that HEAD and HEART OPEN and keep getting closer to his word and we will ALL Grow together with the LOVE of the Lord!! =) THANKS AGAIN for ALL that you do and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK SWEET SAV!! =) HUGS!! =) KEEPING you and Travis in my Prayers too!! =)

      Katie Ann Brooks said...

      WElcome baby Rachel! So sweet! You are a determined woman and you will get through your week's goals, I know it!