20 April 2014

Paper Smooches SPARKS April Anything Goes (wk3) challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! This week is another ANYTHING GOES challenge. EASIEST challenge EVER!
I created this card a couple of weeks ago... I was on the phone with my younger brother and decided to mess around with my Tsukineko Kaleidacolor ink pads. I used them to make a watercolor design and LOOOOOOOOOVED the result. 

The only problem is that I couldn't remember how I did it! LOL! I was talking with Carrel and crafting...and then all of a sudden realized that I needed to remember how I created my card! LOL! 

So I went online to find a card design that I could CASE--- I love this watercolor look so much that I wanted it to pop! I wasn't sure how to do that (this is my FIRST time working with "watercolors")....and sometimes I get stuck and need inspiration! I came across THIS layout by Wilna. She used paints but it was the exact look I was looking for! I CASED her page design using striped washi tape, splatters (made with my Imagine Crafts irRESISTible Tuxedo Black spray), and the white die cut over the design. LOOOOOOVE! ThanksWilna for sharing your creation and for inspiring me:) 
I used the Paper Smooches Simply Said and Happy Birthday sentiments along with the PS Birthday Words die cuts. LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE how this turned out! 
I kind of hate that I had to CASE Wilna's design-- I wish I would have thought of this myself! LOVE it! 

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love
And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details. This challenge ends April 26th. I cannot wait to see what you make!!!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:} 
Photobucket

14 comments:

Lyn said...

Love your card the water colouring is awesome, gorgeous colours. I so have to pull my beloved Paper Smooches stamps out to make my nephew a birthday card this week. Thanks for your inspiration

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Easter!!! This is gorgeous! I love love love those amazing colors!!!

Shannon J said...

This was your first time water colouring?!! WOW!!! It looks amazing, Sav!! The colours you chose to use work so well together! And the design is super awesome!!! You may have been inspired by Wilna's card, but this baby is all your own, all in your own style (which I am in awe of and inspire by daily!!!).

Angi Barrs said...

Love the splashes of color! Happy Easter!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowzer Sav this is artsy, trendy and just magnificent!! LOVE IT!

Lisa Elton said...

Almost forgot to wish you a Happy Easter!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! I love the watercolor look! I can't believe this is your first try with them because you nailed it, love the color combo!

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL card ... love the layout that inspired you too!!!
I've never tried this before and feel totally tempted now :)

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL!!!
LOVE your card and the layout that inspired you too!!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Just have to say how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! Watercolors are one of my favorites right now - and this is FABULOUS!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Isha Gupta said...

Stunning card Sav. Love it so very much. Beautiful colors too.

Sav & Trav said...

Love the splatters... and the chord COOL!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Gorgeous, Sav! Love the watercoloring here, amazing colors! Hope all is well with you! I've missed being around here, sorry 'bout that, been a little busy. Will answer your mail soon! Luvya! Hugs, Wendy

Karla Yungwirth said...

Absolutely love the water colouring you've done! Beautiful card!