18 November 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Nov. Cool Shades challenge

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The third week of the month is always a Cool Shades challenge.  




This week we are inspired by the following color story "Thanksgiving":
 
Light Teal, Light Green, Orange, Red

From the beginning as soon as I saw this color combo, I knew I wanted to make a masculine birthday card. I just felt like these colors screamed that theme!

I used some new S.E.I. On The Coast papers for most of my design- that orange looks a bit red in the photos, but it's really orange! It's pretty (handsome)! I created a design using one of Kim's old sketches-- LOVE Kim! She inspires me DAILY! I used several Paper Smooches stamps including Digits, Yummers, and Enjoy the Show. I also used the PS Borders1 die set to cut the fun center panel and the coordinating Circus Icon die for the elephant image. I added a bit of Whisker Graphics Green Apple divine twine for extra fun! Simple and FAB! 
I guess that Borders1 die made it look like the elephant was jumping on a hill... I promise you that it was just for decoration:) But I guess it works both ways- LOL! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love

And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends November 24th. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps SO MUCH!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

12 comments:

Shannon J said...

How do you always know how to mix and match so many elements and have them come together absolutely FABULOUSLY every time?!! I am SO in love with this card - like head over heals in love!! ACK!!! You are seriously awesome!!!

Taheerah said...

Such an awesome fun card Savannah!! I love your choice of patterned papers!! That little elephant is too cute - I love him!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo cute!! LOVING that elephant and the cupcake!!!!

Jamie said...

This is super cute Sav:) Love it!

~amy~ said...

How sweet...can't wait to play!

Virginia L. said...

Supah CUTE!! I love love the design and use of colors! YOU rock with the PS DT as always!

Sav & Trav said...

Do elephants jump? I guess they can do anything to salvage a card ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Love that he is holding up that little cupcake!

Darnell said...

So adorable, Sav!! That must be what they mean when they say "the cupcake batter is lighter than air!!" Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Awww he looks like a happy little fella with his cupcake! Super cute card Savannah. By the way, hope you're feeling better ;)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, I just loooove this happy elephant! With a cherry on top!! :) This fun new set just arrived to me as well, and I love this theme, looking forward to making cards with these! Love the papers you used on this card, looks great, Sav!
Hugs, Wendy

Maureen Morton said...

This is such a fun card with so much happy action, Savannah! It just makes me smile, big-time! What a fun mix of patterns, too. Thanks for sharing.