12 August 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS August Designer Drafts challenge

Hello, friends:}

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The second week of the month is always a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the following sketch:
Ok... so I was doing REALLY well with following sketches at about a 95% average.... this sketch was followed about 75%! YIKES! I wasn't trying to not follow it... I just got carried away with the little scene I created!! LOL!

Let me explain what I've changed:

  • The outside frame or card base is missing-- I didn't want another layer.
  • The middle panel (white rectangle) has been shrunk down-- it worked better that way.
  • The hot air balloon is a man.
  • The clouds are "love" equations.
  • I originally started with a different design... and after three attempts to make it work (I'm talking full blown stamping and designing but messing up the stamping so I had to try again...3x!), I decided to just keep it simple:)
So... I created this card wanting the highlight to be the fun neon color pops and that mad scientist doing "love" equations! Trav helped me think of some of these equations (like the heart = UME2... he said that's like Albert Einstein's E=MC2). I love that top equation.... the function of love is you plus me!!!!! ACK! SOOOOOOO adorable:) And you probably guessed it, I did a TON of masking on this card! I used the following Paper Smooches stamp sets: Hang Ups, Falling For You, Many Thanks, Helping Hands (this is where I got that little #2), Teen Routine, I Heart Art, Chart Toppers, and Great Chemistry. WHEW! That was a LOT of masking:) I also followed Betsy V.'s chalkboard tutorial.  Trav and I both LOOOOOOOVE how this card turned out:)

That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs, get inspired, and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends August 18th. I cannot wait to see what you make!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

ps... just in case you like to get a "head start" on challenges, we now share the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge photos on the Paper Smooches blog on SUNDAYS!!! That's one day early!!! Be sure to check it out HERE!! 

ps2... head over to the Splitcoast Forums to check out and chat with the PS crew and fans!! Use the keyword papersmooches when loading up your creations to your gallery!

24 comments:

Shannon J said...

I <3 this card!!! SO many fun elements - I just love how you created "love math" for your chalkboard! A labour of love, I can tell, but the results make it SO worth it!

Virginia L. said...

This card is so darn cute! You have combined all the lovely elements in one--neon, chalkboard, plus your crazy amazing layering skills! Love x1000000...

yyam said...


Soooooo cute! Just love it when you do your masking to create awesome sentiments!

Unknown said...

Really cool sentiment! Cool card!

~amy~ said...

super fun....love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo fun!! LOVING that scientist!!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

What an ADORABLE card Sav!!! My geek husband would SOOOO get and love a card like this too! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And sketches are really more like guidelines anyway, right? :-)

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

cm said...

*Love Math* - how creatively delightful is that! Your card is fabulous X amazing! Your 'Savannah-izing' of the sketch is marvelous - and offers soooo much inspiration! LOVE this!!!!
c

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! I love the chalkboard sentiments and the great neon highlights!

Sav & Trav said...

Best hot air ballon I've seen!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE and FUN all rolled into one!! Love the pops of color!!

Chris Dring said...

Get Out!! Savannah! This is incredibly BRILLIANT!! The pops of neon, the chalkboard, those fantastic equations! Pure genius!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS, Miss Lady!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

very cute, loving ALL of your changes!!! They are perfect!!!

I was inspired by one of your cards, posted on my blog today. :)

Angi Barrs said...

Soooo super fun! Love his hair!

Jinny Newlin said...

Cute, cute, CUTE, girl! So many perfect, little details here! LOVE!

Lindsey said...

This is absolutely amazing, Sav!

Pamela said...

Oh mannnn... you are a masking pro! I love the fun equations on the chalkboard!

donna mikasa said...

I can TOTALLY see the sketch, Sav! My favorite element is that chalkboard! Such a fun, fun, card!

Unknown said...

love your unusual interpretation of the sketch!

Darnell said...

Sketches can just be launching pads for creativity, which was true for you. You were rocketed into Fantastic Card space, Sav! Your card is a riot and so well executed!!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Great card...I'm off to play along ;)

Samantha Mann said...

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card savannah!!! the colors are GENIUS!!! i love how you only used pops of color, and the color was neon!! hello!! so smart!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!

LEG Studios said...

What a great card! Love your style, Savannah!