07 January 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS Jan. Trend Watch

Hello, friends:}
Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The first week of the month is always a TRENDS WATCH challenge. 







This week we are inspired by the following photo:
I was thrown a bit on this challenge--VINTAGE??? So not my style! I needed a birthday card for my FIL....so I started to think about the word "vintage". That's where this unconventional bday card design came from-- my FIL is considered "vintage"....so I looked in my paper stash for "vintage" papers {Echo Park This & That Charming collection- available HERE at the RC}. I think these match perfectly for this challenge, as well as the vintage camera image {PS Knick Knacks}. So I think this card fits;) I inked up several other Paper Smooches stamps sets including Falling For You, Birthday Buddies, and Alphadot. LOVE that definition of vintage...wait a minute! 20+ years??? I guess I'm vintage too! LOL! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details!!!! This challenge ends January 13th. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps (I got four new sets to play with last week--I cannnnnnot wait to ink them up)!!! 

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

20 comments:

Natalie said...

Vintage and fun!!

Lynn said...

super, super fun! Love this!!

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is adorable Savannah! Your Father in-law is going to love it! Thank you for sharing!
Blessings and Hugs,
Mary

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yikes! I guess that makes me DOUBLE vintage! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your card!! LOVING the bling on the flash!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so cute! Love the definition....your FIL is going to get a kick out of it for sure!

Ashley M said...

So fun Sav! This card is totally fun! Your FIL will LOVE it. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN FUN card, love that CUTE camera with the gem flash! I remember when my brother turned 25 (years ago!) I told him he was officially an antique!!

Lindsey said...

Hilarious card, Sav! And the rhinestone in the camera's flash is so smart.

Nina Yang said...

Haha, Sav, I have been wondering how to define your style for a while, and after the recent PC call, maybe you are a "Freestyle Collage" girl? This is something out of my reach but I loooooooove your cards!!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! This is so FAB AND hilarious! LOVE the letters and that shiny arrow! LOVE the crossword puzzle detail, too!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So cute, I can't wait to play in this challenge.

Katie Skiff said...

Oh my - this is so cute Sav!! I love the sentiment, that is so funny!! Good one!!

Judycs said...

I love these cards. The little ampersand bird is so adorable! How clever you are.

The Paper Parade said...

This is so cool, Sav! I love the arrow, and the way you made the letters look so retro.

Judycs said...

I love these cards. The little ampersand bird is adorable! How clever you are.

Judycs said...

ai love these cards. The little ampersand bird is adorable! How clever you are.

donna mikasa said...

Vintagey fun, Sav! Love that shiny shiny arrow! Must remember to use my alpha stickers, too!

donna mikasa said...

Vintagey fun, Sav! Love that shiny shiny arrow! Must remember to use my alpha stickers, too!

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

What an adorable card. So great.

Judycs said...

I love these cards. The little ampersand bird is adorable! How clever you are.