16 September 2010

PDCC #47

Hello, friends:}


I am so excited to share another color story for The Play Date Cafe! Just love love love this challenge! So fun to see what colors Sarah and Julie put together. This week Sarah put together red, teal, leaf green, and black/white. OHHHH! Such fun colors!


And this week our sponsor is Paperbag Studios. The owner, Roben-Marie, is our fabulous fabulous Guest Designer this week! Paperbag Studios features a collection of rubber stamps ranging from children to doodles and houses to shoes and offers a unique mix that appeals to not only the rubber stamper but visual and altered artists alike! The prize this week::: $25 gift certificate to the online store! Let me tell you---these stamps are AMAZING! The PDCC DT were sent a set of stamps to play with--so fun! ThanksRoben-Marie


This week I decided to make a card for a neighbor. I made them a card about four months ago--inviting them to dinner. I made them another card about two months ago wishing them "happy anniversary" for owning their house for a year (also inviting them to dinner).....we have yet to get together! It just happens that our schedules have not matched--but hopefully, after sending them this card we will get together! I used Paperbag Studios stamps--Doodles & Daters [the houses are my favorites]! I just love how beautiful they look! I stamped everything on text paper. After cutting out each piece, I distressed them with inks and then popped them with foam dots. I tied embroidery thread around the heart--and I thought about stitching on the sentiment tag but I couldn't figure out which thread color to use. I love love love how this card turned out:} This is also a great entry for the Paper Crafts Magazine challenge--use text in a different way.
That's all for me today--but don't worry! The PDCC DT members have created some beautiful (BEAUTIFUL) cards and creations with their Paperbag Studios stamps! Be sure to stop by all their blogs and leave them some love!


Roben-Marie {Guest Designer}




Savannah O'Gwynn {that's me!}



I hope you will play along with us--complete details are over on The Play Date Cafe blog. Remember this challenge ends on Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 11:59pm. Can't wait to see what you make!!


I will be back tomorrow! THANKS so much for stopping by! Love sharing with you--love visiting with you! LOVE the PDCC! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

18 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

The heart looks wonderful bringing the two houses together, I'm sure your neighbor will love it!

Julie Ranae said...

Really great job on this card, girlie...I love everything about it!

Zue said...

Hi Savannah
I love the way you have linked the houses.. very original.Working on a book page is something I also love to do. Lovely piece!
Sue xx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Savannah,

Oeh, your neighbors are so lucky people!! This is the third card they receive from you?! Wow!! ;-) Hope you will find a date to get together! Love this card you made here, the houses are so nice and love how you stamped it all on the texted paper, and with the colors distressing, it's wonderful!!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Suzanne C said...

Great card for a neighbor! Love how you brought the houses together with the heart! Beautiful!

de said...

OMG too amazing! I love this!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just adorable!

Basement Stamper said...

This is a cute card, love the thread around the heart and the neighbor circled.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love your card, Sav! Wonderful coloring and super detail...I just adore that cute twine around the heart!

peggy gatto said...

I would buy this card in a minute!!!
So innocent and joyful!

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card. I just love how you used this challenge. Very very inspiring.

Monique said...

I love how you have stamped on text paper!! I wish you were my neighbor!! Great work!!

Mandy said...

Super-gorgeous, my friend!! :)

Tracy Evans said...

Hi Savannah, I love these stamps too and always enjoy creating with the houses. Love your creation and the heart is gorgeous. Tracy Evans x

Sarah Anderson said...

This is such a lovely new home card, it says so much through the images :) Especially love the twine on the heart :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Super pretty card! Such a homespun feel :)

Linda Beeson said...

I noticed those adorable houses at TPDC blog, your card is so cute, love the use of the text.

Terry said...

Very friendly and cute card!! Love the heart!!