29 July 2010

PDCC40

Hello, friends:}


What a great day! The Play Date Cafe is on their 40th challenge! HOOOOOOOOORAY! And thanks to all who participated in last week's challenge--116 playeres!! The lucky winner [announced on the blog today] gets $75 worth of Unity stamps!! 


This week...we have another AWESOME sponsor:: MEMORY BOX! WOWZA! What great stamps! The PDCC was lucky enough to get some of these stamps ahead of time to play with--these are beautiful! And they sent me butterfly stamps--how did they know I am in LOVE with butterflies???!! LOVE it! The winner this week will get these two butterfly stamps from MEMORY BOX. LUCKY!!!
 
Our color story this week is a "SPLASH" of green! So we ask that you use white, black, and a splash of green. What is a "SPLASH"?? Well--like 10% of your card is that color. That is what I tried to do this time! I really really LOVE these cards....but unfortunately they were made with a heavy heart. I made them for friend. She just lost her Father-in-Law. I do not like making sympathy cards...but I do have to say that these cards are AMAZING-simple and with lots of prayer/love. I just love those butterflies on transparencies! For this card, I used my MEMORY BOX butterfly stamp along with a sentiment from Unity {Encompassed Grace}. The paper is actually Basic Grey. LOVE it!
This is also a fav of mine!! It was made with regular white paper...same sentiment from Unity....the background text is from my Gina K. Designs (Vintage Backgrounds by Nina Brackett)....and the beautiful butterfly on transparency is from MEMORY BOX . Just love this card! **NOTE:: You should probably know that I tried to CASE a card by my amazing friend, Char Austin! Her card and sketch inspired this card! LOVE IT! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by all the other PDCC DT memebers' blogs--I am super jealous of their talent! They are soooooooooooo crafty!!!


Lisa Somerville
Sarah Anderson
Stephanie Kraft
Ruby 2 Shoes
Suzanne Czosek
Julie Ranae
Savannah O'Gwynn {that's me!}


Be sure to stop by The Play Date Cafe for more deets! This challenge will end on Tuesday, August 3 at 11:59pm!!! I cannot wait to see what you make--GREEN is my fav color!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Love sharing these PDCC challenges with you! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

21 comments:

Ann said...

Wowza, talk about inspiring! Gorgeous work!

Lisa Somerville said...

Sympathy cards are always so difficult to make, this turned out beautifully!

Julie Ranae said...

You must have started your post before all the players were in...we ended with 124! haha
Great card, Sav...perfect for a sympathy greeting.

StampinCathy said...

WOW! The cards are just beautiful and love the detail of these CAS cards. So inspiring.

Suzanne C said...

Both cards are fantastic Sav! Love the clean design and stitching on the first card and the second card has such a beautiful design with the overlay on the text.

Natalie said...

Love the cards, Savannah. My mom wants me to make her some sympathy cards so these were a perfect inspiration for me. Love the CAS. Hugs!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Those are so beautiful, you should frame them!

de said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS cards! I LOVE how you did the butterflies! And of course green is my fav color so that is just an added bennie for me! Beautiful Sav!

Karen B. said...

Oh I adore these I also think they are my new favs of yours.

Jingle said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so pretty.....and I love those butterfly stamps......thank you for sharing.....

Basement Stamper said...

Both cards are beautiful! I love the butterfly with the stitching and the 2nd one the acetate butterfly over that text is gorgeous.

farmhouse-story said...

oh, savannah, i LOVE these! so creative and gorgeous!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous cards as ever Sav! Hope you're ok, we've both been a bit busy but hope to catch up properly soon! Take care, Ruby xxx

ps- thanks for the lovely comments on Tink's blog, they make her SO happy!

Tracy said...

Those butterfly stamps really ARE awesome and so are your cards! Beautiful simplicity.

Trinh said...

I am lovin' these cards, especially that first one! SO gorgeous!

Andrea M said...

You have nothing to be jealous about girl! These are gorgeous!!!! Wow - love the CAS design and the super effective pop of color. These color splashes are my fav! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I am speechless! Your butterfly and the splash of green are STUNNING! I'M JEALOUS of YOUR talent!!!

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

these butterfly cards are so beautiful! light and full of life..... major envy!

Unknown said...

These are both gorgeous, Sav! LOVE your style!!

BlueOrchys - Lola said...

I loooove your cards with my favorite animals (Butterflies)and I love your CAS style.
Your butterflies are really fantastic ! Thanks a lot for your comment and for stopping by my blog (Sorry for my bad English :S)